INSTALL YOUR MOUNT
It might seem difficult to install a HIDEit Mount, but luckily it isn’t! We provide all the necessary hardware; all you need to bring is a few tools and a keen eye for how you want your setup to look. Here’s everything you need to know about how to install a mount for a clean, professional setup.
*** Before you start, be sure to plan out your setup, remove any discs and unplug power from all components, including your TV. ***
1. Gather your tools - Drill with 3/16" drill bit (if you have one), stud finder, level, Phillips-head screwdriver, pencil, damp paper towel, and your HIDEit Hardware.
2. Determine mount location(s) - Make sure to leave space for all of your cords. To reiterate, remove discs from all devices, test your cable box for remote function. Use a level and mark your holes. Depending on the location of your install, you may need to remove your TV.
3. Check for studs - When possible, mount one side into a stud. When stud mounting do not drill pilot hole. Don't worry if it's not possible, our drywall anchors are rated for 25 pounds each.
Install Tip - For holes into a stud, use a mounting screw to create holes. A 3/16" drill bit is too large.
Install Tip - For holes into drywall, drill holes using a 3/16" drill bit. Hold a damp paper towel against the wall a few inches below the drill bit to catch any debris (if it's too close, it could get caught in the drill bit). No drill? Just use the mounting screw to create a pilot hole. Insert the provided drywall anchors.
4. Line up your HIDEit Mount with the anchors - Attach with provided screws and HAND tighten to prevent damage. Slide your component into your HIDEit Mount.
5. Insert your devices - We recommend to slowly insert your devices. All of our mounts are powder-coated for protection, but it's always best to be safe than sorry! Connect all the cables!
Install Tip - Don't forget to tidy up those cords!
Specific mounting instructions are listed on each product under the "How to Install" tab.
You’ve now expertly installed your HIDEit Mount! Our mounts should only take five minutes or less to install. But don’t be afraid to take longer to prep, plan and get it perfect for your setup! Now, sit back, relax and enjoy your work!